Youth Sports Clinics
GGC conducts clinics that use sports to teach life skills, build teams, and to address social issues.
GGC clinics integrate three main components
- sports specific skill training
- integration of life skills and teambuilding
- innovative, fun games and activities
Sports specific skill training includes expertise in basketball, soccer / football, lacrosse, volleyball, martial arts, interval strength training, baseball, futsal, track & field, and softball.
Life skills topics can include:
- development of self-esteem
- health-related awareness including HIV/AIDS education, obesity, nutrition
- leadership development
- communication skills
- conflict resolution
Kids learn better when they’re having FUN! All of our clinics are high energy, enthusiastic, and are sure to leave participants smiling.
GGC assists organizations in determining their core goals. We develop program structures to meet these goals.
Program design assistance includes
- identifying challenges
- determining your organization’s theory of change
- developing a model
- implementing the program
With a wealth of sports for development experience, GGC can assist at every stage of program design.
Coaches Sports Trainings
Sports is always more than the game. Too often coaches focus on winning and losing. Philosophically GGC believes that coaching should involve more of a value based approach.
GGC trains coaches to teach life skills through sports. Training topics include:
- Value-integrated sports drills
- Behavior modeling
- Effective teaching methods
- Leadership development
- Positive communication
- Sports specific knowledge & strategy
Monitoring & Evaluation
Is your program effective and meeting its goals? Many programs are very passionate but don’t fully measure the effectiveness of their goals. We help you learn about your program so that it can be more effective.
GGC can assist in the following ways:
- Designing program documents that outline what your project is trying to achieve and how you will achieve this
- Creating monitoring systems that allow you to systematically collect information that tells you whether your project is on track to achieving its goals
- Planning for and executing an evaluation that will help you learn about your program